Salted Butter (soften) - 150g
Icing Sugar - 65g - 75g (I put 65g for "kurang manis" recipe).
Whole Egg - 20g
Cookie Flour - 250g
1. Cream butter and icing sugar until pale in color. Gradually mix in egg. Fold in flour, combine evenly.
2. Spread the dough in between 2 plastic sheets and leave to rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
3. Roll the dough down to 2mm thick and cut out 40 discs with a cookie cutter.
4. Cut the centre of 20 discs with a smaller cutter (i used piping tips). Brush the discs with a thin layer of egg wash.
5. Bake at 160C for 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 150C for another 10 minutes. Off the oven, keep the shortbread in the oven for another 10 minutes. (temperature for reference only).
6. Remove the shortbread from oven, leave cool completely on wire rack before storing into an airtight container.
Chocolate Passion Fruit Filling:
Dairy Whipping Cream - 100g
Passion Fruit Puree - 40g
Dark Chocolate Couverture 64% - 85g
Milk Chocolate - 40g
*you may use all dark chocolate or milk chocolate
Unsalted Butter - 20g
1. Heat the cream together with passion fruit puree. Gradually pour the hot liquid over the finely chopped chocolates. Emulsifying with spatula.
2. Add in butter and process with hand blender.
Apricot Puree - 90g
Water - 60g
Glucose - 60g
Whipping Cream - 20g
Castor Sugar - 25g
Pectin - 6g
1. Pour the apricot puree, water, glucose and cream in a pan and bring to boil.
2. Combine sugar and pectin. Sprinkle onto (1). Stir to combine.
3. Continue to boil for about 5 minutes until the required consistency. Set aside to cool.
1. Take the 20 plain shortbread bases, pipe the ganache on.
2. Place the 20 holed shortbread rings on top.
3. Pipe some apricot jelly into the hole. Serve.