Oreo Cookies (crushed) - 150g
Unsalted Butter (melted) - 80g
1. Combine oreo cookies and melted butter, press onto a paper lined 8" round cake tin.
2. Keep in the fridge.
Coffee Sponge Cake - 8" round cake
(A) Egg York - 5 nos
Castor Sugar - 50g
(B) Instant Coffee Powder - 1 Tbsp (I used Boncafe Mocha)
Hot Water - 1 Tbsp
(C) Egg White - 120g
Castor Sugar - 60g
Cream of Tartar - pinch
(D) Cake Flour - 110g
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
(E) Corn Oil - 75g
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line an 8" roung cake with baking paper.
2. Whisk egg yolk and castor sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in coffee mixture (B). Keep aside
3, Whisk egg white, cream of tartar and 1/3 of the sugar until foaming. Gradually add in sugar (2-3 times) and whisk until hard peak.
4. Slowly mix egg yolk (2) into egg white (3), combine evenly.
5. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder (2-3 times) to make coffee batter. Combine evenly.
6. Mix corn oil and water. Spoon a bit of the batter into oil and water mixture, combine evenly.
7. Pour (6) into coffee batter (2-3 times), combine evenly.
8. Pour the above into prepared cake tin. Bake at 180C for about 30 minutes or until done.
9. Remove cake from oven. Overturn on wire rack for about 10 minutes. Overturn again for about 10 minutes. Unmould. Let cool on wire rack until completely cool.
11. Slice the cake horizontal into 2 equal pcs.
(A) Egg Yolk - 3 nos.
Castor Sugar - 95g
(B) Instant Coffee Powder - 12g
Hot Water - 1/2 Tbsp
(C) Gelatin Powder - 17g
Water - 45g
(D) Dairy Whipping Cream (whipped) - 480g
(C) Coffee Liquor - 1 Tbsp (optional, I used Baileys. For those who likes stronger coffee taste, I would suggest omit the liquor).
1. Dissolve coffee powder in hot water.
2. Combine gelatin powder and water. Set aside for 10 minutes. Dissolve over double boiler or microwave.
2. Whisk egg yolk and castor sugar over double boiler until the mixture is slightly warm and fluffy. Add in coffee (1) and gelatin solution (2).
3. Gently fold in whipping cream.
4. Add in coffee liquor.
Non-Dairy Whipping Cream - 150g
Coffee Liquor - 1/2 - 1 tsp (optional)
1. Whisk the above 2 ingredients until fluffy.
1. Remove oreo cookie base from fridge,
2. Divide the mouse into 3 equal portions.
3. Pour 1/3 of the mousse onto cookie base. Place a layer of cake on top.
4. Pour in another 1/3 of the mousse, place another layer of cake on top. And pour the last portion of the mousse on top. Smoothen the surface.
5. Chill for 3-4 hours or overnight.
6. Unmould. Spread a layer of cream on top.
7. Decorate as desired.