Thursday, July 2, 2015
(A) Gelatin Powder - 26g
Water - 100g
(B) Strawberry Puree - 220g
(C) Water - 270g
Castor Sugar - 570g
(D) Egg White - 75g
Castor Sugar - 15g
Icing Sugar as required
Corn Flour as required
1. Combine gelatin powder and water, set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat up strawberry puree, add in gelatin (1), stir to dissolve the gelatin. Off fire, keep aside.
3. Preparing syrup: Boil water and sugar in a saucepan over low-medium fire until 130C, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from fire, slowly add in (2) to reduce the temperature.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the egg white and sugar.
5. Gradually pour in (3) into the egg white. Whisk until cool.
6. Pour into the frame on to the silicone mat.
7. Chill for 4 hours to set.
8. Cut the marshmallow into pieces, cover with icing sugar and corn flour mixture. Serve.
9. Always store the marshmallow in chiller.