Thursday, June 11, 2015
Raspberry Cream Cake
(A) Egg yolk - 4 nos
Honey - 25g
Corn Oil - 25g
(B) Low Protein Flour - 20g
Corn Flour - 10g
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Almond Ground - 50g
(C) Egg White: 4 nos.
Castor Sugar - 60g
Cream of tartar - pinch
1. Lightly whisk egg yolk and honey. Gradually mix in corn oil.
2. Fold in sifted flour, corn flour and baking powder.
3. Fold in almond ground.
4. Whisk egg white, cream of tartar and part of the sugar until foaming. Gradually mix in the remaining sugar. Whisk until hard peak (arc shape).
5. Fold the egg white into batter (2-3 times). Combine evenly.
6. Pour the batter into baking tray (14" x 14", line with baking paper).
7. Bake at 180C for about 12 - 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, let cool on wire rack.
8. Cut the cake into 4x 6"x6" square.
(A) Raspberry Puree - 300g
Castor Sugar - 50g
White Chocolate - 150g
Dairy Whipping Cream - 40g
(B) Gelatin Powder - 12g
Water - 50g
(C) Dairy Whipping Cream (whipped) - 100g
1. Combine gelatin and water. Set aside to set. Dissolve over double boiler.
2. Melt ingredients (A) over double boiler. Mix in gelatin solution.
3. Fold in whipping cream (C).
Bittersweet Chocolate - 140g
Dairy Whipping Cream - 100g
Raspberry Puree - 50g
Unsalted Butter - 30g
1. Melt the above ingredients oven double boiler.
1. Prepare a 6" x 6" loose bottom cake tin.
2. Place a layer of almond cake into the cake tin. Brush a thin layer of ganache on cake and 1/3 of the raspberry cream on top.
3. Repeat the same process until the last layer of cake.
4. Place the remaining ganache on to of the cake.
5. Chilled for at least 2 hours. Cut and serve.