Thursday, March 19, 2015
Unsalted Butter - 250g
Castor Sugar - 170-180g
Salt - 2g
Egg - 4 nos
Cake Flour - 200g
Baking Powder- 1/2 tsp
Milk Powder - 4 Tbsp
Egg White = 3 nox
Cocoa Powder - 10g
Hot water - 2 Tbsp
Baking Soda - pinch
1. Line a 7" round cake tin with baking paper. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Sift flour and baking powder. Mix in milk powder.
3. Beat butter, sugar and salt until pale and fluffy.
4. Gradually add in egg. Beat evenly after each addition.
5. Fold in flour mixture (1). Combine evenly.
6. Melt chocolate powder with hot water. Add in baking soda when mixture is cold.
7. Divide batter into 2 portions - 2/3 and 1/3 portion.
8. Add cocoa mixture into 1/3 portion, mix well.
9. Spoon some original batter in the middle of the cake tin, spread the batter until the diameter of the batter in the tin about 6". Spoon some chocolate batter on top of the original batter, spread until the size is slightly smaller than the original batter. Repeat the same process.
10. Bake at 180C for about 45-50 minutes until the cake is done.