Bittersweet Chocolate - 140g
Unsalted Butter - 100g
UHT Fresh Cream - 85g
Egg Yolk - 95g
Castor Sugar - 90g
Egg White - 200g
Cream of Tartar - pinch
Castor Sugar - 95g
Cocoa Powder - 60g
Low Protein Flour - 30g
1. Sift cocoa powder and low protein flour.
2. Melt chocolate, butter and fresh cream over double boil or microwave. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg yolk and sugar until fluffy. Add in chocolate mixture (2). Combine evenly. Fold in sifted flour (1).
4. Whisk egg white, cream of tartar and part of the sugar until foaming. Gradually add in sugar (2-3 times) and whisk until hard peak (form a big, firm curve)
5. Gradually fold egg white into batter (3) (2-3 times). Combine evenly.
6. Pour batter into a 7" square tin (remember to line a baking paper at the bottom of the cake tin).
7. Bake at 180C for about 40-45 minutes or until it is done.
8. Overturn the cake tin on wire rack for about 5 minutes once remove from oven.
9. Return to original position. Unmould when it is slightly cool down.
Ganache:Dark Chocolate - 160g
UHT Fresh Cream - 130g
Unsalted Butter - 30g
1. Melt the above over double boil or microwave. Set aside to let the chocolate to cool and harden a bit.
1. Slice the cake horizontally into 2 and cut into half to make 4 equal slices of cake.
2. Place a slice of cake on serving plate, spread with some ganache, top with another slice of cake. Repeat the same process until the last slice of cake. Spread some ganache on top. Decorate with melted white chocolate.
3. Serve warm.