Thin Apple Pie
Unsalted Butter (cold) - 55g
Egg Yolk (beaten) - 1 no
Water - 10g
Low Protein Flour - 95g
Salt - 1g
Castor Sugar- 5g
Apple (Granny Simth - large, thinly sliced) - 2 nos
Unsalted Butter (meled)
1. Dice butter. Mix egg yolk and water.
2. Combine flour, salt and castor sugar.
3. Mix butter and flour mixture (2) until crumbly. Gradually add in egg/water mixture. Knead to form a dough.
4. Shape the dough into a ball. Cover with cling wrap. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the dough from fridge, press onto a pizza pan.
6. Arrange sliced apples on pastry. Brush a thin layer of melted butter. Sprinkle with some castor sugar.
7. Bake at 160C for about 25-30 minutes.
Clear glaze - ~
Monin Mango Syrup - ~
1. Heat clear glaze over double boil. Combine with mango syrup.
2. Brush on apple pie when the mixture is warm.