In this variation on a classic, this strawberry tiramisu replaces the flavor of coffee and liquor with strawberry and orange flower natural aroma for a delicious and colorful effect.
(A) Milk - 180g
(B) Egg Yolk - 80g
Castor Sugar - 70g
Salt - 1g
Low Protein Flour - 24g
Corn Flour - 12g
Milk - 180g
(C) Unsalted Butter - 25g
(D) Orange Flower Natural Aroma (or any other flavor eg. vanilla, lemon zest, rum etc) - 1 tsp
(D) Dairy Whipping Cream (whipped) - 60g
1. Sieve low protein flour and corn flour together.
2. Mix egg yolk, sugar and salt. Mix in sifted flour. Mix in milk (B).
3. Heat milk (A) over low fire. Do NOT boil.
4. Pour the heated milk over mixture (2), stir and mix evenly. Sieve.
5. Pour mixture (4) into a pan over medium fire, stir until the mixture is thick, smooth and glossy.
6. Remove from fire. Add in butter, stir to melt.
7. Pour the above mixture into a mixing bowl. Cover with cling wrap. Chill until cooled.
8. Remove from fridge. Beat the chilled pudding until creamy. Add in orange flower natural aroma.
9. Stir in whipping cream. Chill until ready to use.
Strawberry - 3 packs (or any amount, you might need to keep some as bread spread)
Water - 2 Tbsp
Brown Sugar - to taste
Lemon Zest - 1 no.
1. Combine all the above ingredients in a frying pan, bring to simmer and cook 5 minutes stirring/breaking
strawberries constantly. Remove from heat when mixture thicken. Set aside to cool.
To make strawberry tiramisu, prepare some small tumblers, spoon some pastry cream into the tumbler, layer and some strawberry sauce, repeat the same process until the tumbler is full. Chill for about 2 hours. Serve cold.