Gingerbread is a must do every year. Last year we built 3 gingerbread villages. This year, lets make gingerbread wreath.
Gingerbread Cookie Recipe:
Butter - 110g
Brown Sugar - 60-70g
Black Treacle - 150g
Golden Syrup - 150g
Plain Flour - 520g
Baking Soda - 2 tsp
Ground Ginger - 2 tsp
Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp
Mix Spice - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Water - 3 Tbsp
1. Cream butter and brown sugar until the color is lighter. Add in black treacle and golden syrup, combine evenly.
2. Gradually add in sifted flour (plain flour, baking soda, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, mixed spice and salt) and water.
3. Mix to form a dough.
4. Roll some dough in between 2 plastic sheets to the required thickness, keep in fridge for about 1-2 hours until it is easy to handle (I kept in freezer overnight).
5. Remove from fridge, cut into desired shape with cookie cutter.
6. Bake at 150C for about 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 120C, continue to bake for about 10 minutes. Off the oven, keep the cookies in the oven for about 5-10 minutes until the cookies are fully done. (temperature and timing for reference only).
7. Remove the cookies from oven, let cool on wire rack.
Royal Icing for Decoration
Egg white - ~
Icing Sugar (sifted) - ~
1. Beat the egg white until hard peak. Gradually add in icing sugar, mix until the required consistency.
2. You may add in few drops of water if the icing is too hard.
Enjoy....and Merry X'mas