Water - 200g
Unsalted Butter - 80g (at room temperature)
Salt - 2g
Castor Sugar - 5g
Low Protein Flour - 120g
Whole Egg - 200g-210g
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Pour water in a sauce pan. Add in butter, salt and sugar. Boil the mixture over low heat.
3. Remove saucepan from fire immediate when the mixture is boiled.
4. Stir in flour. Mix well.
5. Put the sauce pan back on fire. Heat the mixture until a smooth dough is formed. (about 1 minute).
6. Remove from fire. Gradually beat in egg with a wooden spoon, beating well after each addition. (you may not need all the egg).
7. The dough should be very shinny and paste like and fall from spoon when lightly shaken.
8. Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle.
9. Pipe into long shape (13cm x 2.5cm) on baking tray (lightly buttered and floured),
10. Brush with egg wash, Use folk to draw some lines on pastry.
11. Bake at 160C for about 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 150C and continue to bake for another 25 minutes. Please do not open the door during the whole baking process.
Mascarpone Cheese Filling:
Egg Yolk - 3 nos
Castor Sugar - 50g
Milk - 185g
Corn Flour - 12g
Low Protein Flour - 12g
Unsalted Butter - 10g
Mascarpone Cheese - 250g
Kahlua (optional) - 1-2 Tbsp
Whipping Cream - 50g (whipped)
1. Beat egg yolk and castor sugar.
2. Stir in slightly heated milk.
3. Mix in corn flour and low protein flour. Sift.
4. Pour the above into a frying pan. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until custard is formed. Remove from fire. Add in butter, mix well.
5. Cover with cling film. Set aside to cool.
6. When the custard is completely cool, add in mascarpone cheese, beat well. Fold in whipping cream, combine evenly.
7. Carefully make 3 holes at the back of each eclair. Pipe in the filling.
White Fondant - 150g
Chocolate - 40g (melted)
Glucose - about 3 Tbsp
1. Knead the fondant until soft, put into saucepan.
2. Add in half of the melted chocolate.
3. Heat the mixture over low heat, about 30-35C. Add in 1 tbsp of glucose. Stir well.
4. Remove from fire. Gradually add in the remaining chocolate (stop adding the chocolate once you get the required color).
5. Add in another 1-2 tbsp of glucose until the correct consistency and shinny.
6. With the help of a spoon, coat each eclair carefully with chocolate fondant.
7. Reheat the fondant when it gets harden.