Tangzhong Marble Bread
Tangzhong: (enough for 2 loafs of below Marble Bread recipe)
Bread Flour - 50g
Water - 250g
*proportion of bread flour to water should always 1 part of bread flour and 5 parts of water.
1. Mix bread flour and water and stir until it is no longer lumpy.
2. Cook over medium low heat in a non-stick pot, stirring constantly.
3. The tangzhong mixture is ready once it achieves 65C. At this stage, the consistency of tangzhong should be like the texture of glue.
4. Transfer tangzhong to a clean bowl, cover with cling film. Set aside to cool.
5. Tangzhong is ready to be use as soon as it cools down to room temperature.
To save my work, I used Noxxa multi function bread maker to do the mixing job. Just put all ingredients following the sequence, and press "Bread" function 10 (for dough). It takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes to mix and proof the dough in the oven.
Here's the ingredients of this lovely Marble Bread:
Milk - 120g
Milk Powder - 25g
Brown Sugar - 30g
Salt - 4g
Unsalted Butter - 30g
Bread Flour - 300g
Dry Yeast - 6g
Tangzhong - 75g
To make the marble effect, just mix all the below ingredients to make chocolate paste.
Cocoa Powder - 6g
Hot Water - 6g
Brown Sugar - 6g
1. Now the dough is ready after 1 and 1/2 hours. Press out the excess air, mix in chocolate paste and knead to give a marble effect.
2. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions, shape it round. arrange in a pre-buttered 8"x3"x3" cake tin.
3 Proof the dough in the multi function bread maker at 40C for 45 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180C. Bake for 35 minutes.
1. To make topping, melt chocolate and cream over double boiler or microwave. Pour the melted chocolate on bread, sprinkle with almond nibs. Cut and serve.