Green Tea Tiramisu
Green Tea Sponge Cake (Recipe for 7" square cake)
Green Tea Powder - 10g
Milk Powder - 12g
Warm Water - 60g
Egg Yolk - 5 nos
Castor Sugar - 30g
Corn Oil - 40g
Cake Flour - 90g
Egg White - 5 nos
Cream of tartar - pinch
Castor Sugar - 85g
Salt - 1g
1. Preheat oven at 200C for 15 minutes. Get ready a 7" square cake tin.
2. Dissolve green tea powder and milk powder in warm water.
3. Sieve cake flour.
4. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Whisk egg white and cream of tartar, gradually add in sugar, whisk until hard peak.
6. Add egg yolk mixture (4) into egg white mixture (5), combine evenly.
7. Gradually fold in flour.
8. Combine green tea mixture (2) with corn oil. Mix in part of the flour mixture. Gradually pour the green tea mixture into flour mixture (7) and combine well.
9. Pour the batter into cake tin. Bake at 180C for 30-35 minutes.
10. Remove from oven. Leave to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Remove from tin and let cool completely on wire rack.
Gelatin Powder - 9g
Water - 45g
Egg Yolks - 2 nos
Castor Sugar - 70g
Mascarpone Cheese - 250g
Kahlua/Baileys - 1 Tbsp
Dairy Whipping Cream - 300g
1. Whisk whipping cream until 70% hard.
2. Combine gelatin powder and water and set aside for 10 minutes. Dissolve over double boiler or in microwave.
3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar over double boil until light and sugar dissolved.
4. Add in mascarpone cheese and stir to form a smooth mixture. Add in Kahlua. Fold in fresh cream, mix well.
1. Slice sponge cake horizontally into two slices. Put one layer into loose-bottom cake tin.
2. Pour half of the mousse mixture onto the sponge cake.
3. Put another layer of sponge cake over mousse.
4. Pour the remaining mousse onto sponge cake.
5. Covered and chill for 6 hours until set.
6. Remove from cake tin. Decorate the side with finger biscuits. Sprinkle green tea powder on the cake, garnish with strawberry.