Plain Flour - 175g
Butter - 50g
Shortening - 25g
Castor Sugar - 50g
Egg Yolk - 2 numbers
Chilled Water - 1 Tbsp
Apricot Jam - 100g
Dairy Whipping Cream (whipped) - 150g
Mascarpone Cheese - 250g
Icing Sugar - 35g
Orange Rind - 2 numbers
Mascarpone Fresh Fruit Tarts
- To make pastry, sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and rub or cut in the fat until the mixture resembles find breadcrumbs. Stir in castor sugar. Add the egg yolks and enough chilled water to make a soft dough.
- Roll out the pastry thinly between two sheets of plastic wrap. Line the tart moulds. Prick the base of the pastry case.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line the base with aluminum foil and baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Lift out the foil and beans and return to the pastry to oven for 5 minutes.
- Brush with apricot jam. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To make filling, whip the cream to soft peaks, then stir it into the mascarpone with the icing sugar and orange rind.
- Pipe the filling into tarts and top wit fresh fruits. Brush the fruits with apricot jam.